WHAT WE DO
We help early stage companies get where they want to go. We handle their accounting, compliance and payroll (but not taxes), and have helped over 200 clients raise over $1.2B in equity capital.
HOW WE DO IT
Working with startups presents a lot of opportunities, so we’ve created a highly collaborative platform for tapping into each other’s knowledge. Everybody learns something new every day, and our clients get consistent answers to their questions.
WHERE YOU FIT IN
If you like to share your knowledge, love being challenged, are comfortable working for multiple clients at the same time, and want to see the direct impact of your work on a variety of businesses, you’ll fit right in.
- As a Junior Accountant, you can expect to do a lot of reconciliations and tracking client deadlines, working directly with more experienced accountants to learn our technology platform, including Excel tricks you never thought possible.
- As a Staff Accountant you’ll work on more complicated reconciliations, payroll, and preparing financial statements.
- As a Senior Accountant, you’ll do all that plus mentor the more junior accountants, while learning skills to advance to the next level.
- An Associate Accounting Manager gets involved in the client account, helping to set up new clients on our platform, directing the off-shore team and trouble-shooting complicated accounting issues.
- The Accounting Manager is also fully responsible for making sure the client’s monthly close goes smoothly, is done on time, and error-free.
- The Senior Accounting Manager does all that, but is also called in to deal with seriously complex accounting issues, while building analytic skills to advance to the next level.
Director of Finance
- An Associate Director of Finance uses knowledge of operational drivers of our clients’ business to analyze results, develop budgets and forecasts, and work directly with the client to paint the picture of what the future could look like.
- A Director of Finance will also develop complex financial models and present to the clients’ executive leadership team.
- The Senior Director of Finance does all that while mentoring other Directors and Accounting Managers, but has also developed an area of expertise so specialized that they might get called on to help pitch new clients.
A Vice President at Propeller serves as a client’s CFO, making sure we’re delivering accurate, sophisticated information to our clients but also guiding them in using that information to make better informed business decisions.
- 100% employer-sponsored health insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Citibike membership
- Annual education stipend
- 3% company contribution to 401k
- Three weeks PTO plus 8 paid company holidays